Samsung has finally rolled out the latest version of Google’s Android operating system, Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone. Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade on Samsung Galaxy S II phones are being pushed via KIES, Samsung’s PC connectivity tool for Samsung mobile phones.
There are several advantages to making the leap to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Firstly, as apps continue to be developed, they will be optimised for the latest firmware version which means that, for best results, you need to keep your phone up to date.
Secondly, Google has made tweaks and improvements to the OS by cutting away some of the processing weight to make the new upgrade faster and smoother, giving you a better experience using the phone. Also, with less power being used by the newer operating system, you should see a spike in your phone’s battery life.
Users will also benefit from the NFC feature using the Android Beam. This feature will allow users to share contents to other devices.
Below is the step-by-step procedure of updating your Samsung Galaxy S2 to the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Installing Samsung Kies:
1. Verify that no previous version of Samsung Kies is installed on PC. If a previous version of Samsung Kies is installed, please remove before proceeding with Kies installation.
START >> All Programs >> Samsung >> Kies >> Uninstall Kies >> wait for Kies program to be removed.
2. Open Samsung Kies folder on PC desktop and double click on the Kies icon to install program.
Once installation completes, Run Samsung Kies program.
1. Connect data cable to PC USB port.
2. Power on device and connect to data cable.
3. Wait for Samsung Kies to recognize the device. Samsung Kies will display pop-up window to alert if there is a software update available.
4. Click to begin software upgrade process.
5. Click “I have read all the information”
6. Select information saving option.
7. Click Start upgrade
8. Firmware upgrade in process. Do not disconnect the cable from the PC.
9. Firmware upgrade complete.
Now enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Smartphone.